If you can't afford to rent a property privately, you may be able to live in one of our social rented homes. As with most housing associations our allocations are managed by the local authority (LA), so we do not handle applications directly.
Quick Guide to renting a home from us:
1. Put your name down on your LA housing register.
2. Use the LA’s choice-based lettings scheme to look for a suitable home.
3. Bid for the home of your choice.
4. If you are shortlisted for the property, we will work through a pre-tenancy assessment with you to make sure the home is right for you.
5. If you are successful we will offer you the property.
6. Before moving in we will need your first rent payment in advance
How do I apply for a rented property?
Contact your Local Authority and register using their housing application form. They will assess your needs which will include considering such things as whether you’re overcrowded where you live now, and taking any medical or social requirements you have into account.
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead https://myaccount.rbwm.gov.uk/q/register
Bracknell Forest Council https://www.bfcmychoice.org.uk
Slough Borough Council https://www.slough.gov.uk/housing/how-to-apply.aspx
Wycombe District Council https://www.wycombe.gov.uk/pages/Housing/Finding-housing/Apply-to-join-the-housing-register.aspx
To find who your local authority is use the link to the Gov website https://www.gov.uk/browse/housing-local-services
How does the allocation system work?
Most local authorities now use a choice-based lettings scheme, which means that available properties are advertised through their website. You can search for and bid on any property you want, giving you much more choice.