It is always a good idea to take out home contents insurance to cover your possessions against fire, theft and other risks, such as accidental damage.
My Home Contents Insurance Scheme
Housing Solutions have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks who provide specialist tenants contents insurance policies. My Home Contents Insurance is a specialist insurance scheme and all tenants living in social and affordable housing are eligible to apply.
My Home Contents Insurance scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.
Reasons to choose My Home Contents Insurance Scheme
- Apply over the telephone or complete an application form.
- Covers theft, water damage, fire and many more household risks.
- Covers tenants improvements (up to £2000 or 20% of the sum insured, whichever is the greatest).
- Covers theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £3,000).
- Covers damage to external glazing for which you are responsible.
- Covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen (up to £500).
- You don’t need to have special door or window locks (just a lockable front door).
- Flexible regular Pay-As-You-Go payment options (fortnightly and monthly premiums include a transaction charge).
Who is this policy for?
Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance has been designed to meet the needs of social housing residents. The cover is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions contained in the Policy Wording which you should read carefully. The premiums and payment methods are shown on the rate card here.
If you are unsure whether this insurance policy is right for you please contact Thistle Tenant Risks who will be happy to help.
How do I get further information?
Please review the Thistle Insurance Services Terms of Business Agreement and insurance product information document. These documents give you important information on your rights, how Thistle deal with you and your insurance and key information regarding the insurance cover. Please note that all Tenant Risks business is arranged on a non-advised basis. This means that you will be provided with the key information to be able to make an informed decision on which cover is appropriate for your needs.
What to do if you have a complaint
A copy of Thistle Insurance Services complaint’s procedure is available on request. For additional information, view their complaints page www.thistlemyhome.co.uk/Make-a-Complaint
The National Housing Federation working in partnership with Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Firm Reference Number 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.
It is important to protect your belongings and your Landlord suggests that you look for providers who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Thistle Insurance Services are a company that specialises in social housing contents insurance, however there are also other providers that can be found on comparison websites like Money Supermarket or Compare the Market.