Fire can engulf a room in the time that it takes to make a slice of toast.  Fire kills.  It is shocking how quickly flames can engulf a room and it is very frightening.  Smoke is deadly. 

The best way to prevent a fire is never leave bare flames unattended such as a candle or tealight.  Don't overload plugs and do not leave the room for extended periods if you are cooking. 

Install smoke alarms and check them regularly.  They will save your life.  For more information in how to prevent fires and staying safe check out the Royal Borough Fire and Rescue service website here

 

Other Recent News