Paying your rent is your responsibility. If you find it difficult to pay your rent or fall behind with payments you should contact us as soon as possible on 01628 543101. Stop your debts from getting out of control, come to us and we can help you work through your debts and support you along the way.

Three things to do if you can't pay your rent:
  1. Contact our income officers via email to make them aware of your situation. You can talk over the situation and they will be able to offer you some advice and support. 
  2. Please check out our helpful pages that contain lots of advice on where to go to for debt management advice, budgeting and other support.  Click here to go to our 'managing your money page.'
  3. We have a dedicated welfare and benefit team who are able to provide support and advice on benefits so you can maximise your income. Based on the information that you provide we can give you an estimate of the amount of Housing Benefit you may receive. This means that until your claim is processed you can pay us any shortfall between the amount of Housing Benefit and rent due. You can call them on 01628 543101 or contact them via their page on the website here

Please remember we are here to help you.

If you ignore your rent arrears we will begin proceedings to evict you from your home. Before we do this we will contact you to try and assist you. If you do not make payment, a Notice will be served on your tenancy and we will begin to take action in the County Court to evict you.

Only you have the power to stop this by working with us.

There are lots of people you can speak to who can also give you advice and help if you can’t pay your bills. Please see our list here