Welcome to our Leasehold and Shared Ownership customer information section.  Our aim is provide you with the information that will help you enjoy your home and neighbourhood, as well as provide you with any advice that you may need. 

Meet the Team

Helen Kennington
Lettings & Home Ownership Manager
M: 07824 144773

Simon Riley
Home Ownership Officer
M:07824 144774

Arlene Beaumont-Rhodes
Home Ownership Officer
M: 07769 741203

Leaseholders are customers who have bought the lease of a property but in many cases Housing Solutions owns the freehold. Leaseholders are allowed to use the property according to the terms of their lease. These properties are usually flats or maisonettes. 

Shared Owners are customers who have bought a share of a property and Housing Solutions owns the remaining share. These properties can be flats or houses.

It is important you know the type of agreement you have with us, so you understand the services we will provide and your rights and responsibilities.  Housing Solutions has over 800 Leaseholders and Shared owners. The leasehold and shared owner services are provided by our specialist Home Ownership Team who offer support and advice to all of our homeowners.  If you wish to contact the team please email homeownership@housingsolutions.co.uk

Property maintenance and repair

  • Leaseholders/shared owners are responsible for the maintenance and repair of their property.

Leaseholders/shared owners of flats and houses contribute to their proportion of the cost of this building insurance in their service charges. Tenants pay toward this in their rent.

It is always a good idea to take out home contents insurance to cover your possessions against fire, theft and other risks, such as accidental damage. If something happens to destroy or damage your possessions, it can cost a lot of money to replace them items, some of which may be essential. Follow this link for insurance advice https://www.housingsolutions.co.uk/rent-and-repairs/my-home-contents-insurance/ or for further advice follow the link to https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/insurance/insurance/types-of-insurance/household-contents-insurance/

It is not Housing Solutions’ responsibility to insure the contents of your home but we are happy to recommend a National Housing Federation approved insurance provider here.

For more information about housing and local services why not visit https://www.gov.uk/browse/housing-local-services