Electronic Information Privacy Notice
Your privacy is very important to us and Housing Solutions are registered as data controllers with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Housing Solutions comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 when processing personal and sensitive data.
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to all personal information collected online by Housing Solutions. This notice covers all websites and domains of Housing Solutions and its subsidiaries.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Generally you can access information on Housing Solutions websites and remain completely anonymous (revealing no personal information). When you enter our websites, Housing Solutions are able to determine your domain name, as well as what browser and operating system you are using. However, we cannot determine any personal information about you. Housing Solutions uses this information only to scale technical implementation to match our audience’s browser capabilities.
When requesting information from us or entering secure areas of our websites, Housing Solutions require that you provide some information about yourself by “registering” or completing online forms. For example, situations where we will ask you to provide personal information include (but are not limited to):
- when subscribing to Housing Solutions publications or mailing list (you will be able to unsubscribe);
- when requesting information from Housing Solutions;
- when registering for the portal, any forum or to attend a Housing Solutions sponsored event;
- when logging into the Housing Solutions portal.
- when participating in contests or surveys;
Information that you provide should be correct to the best of your knowledge. The data you provide will be used to:
- monitor the services we provide to you, to ensure that we treat all of our residents and members of the community equally;
- provide a service which meets your individual requirements;
- develop future services to meet the needs identified;
- contact you regarding information or activities that Housing Solutions believe may be of interest to you;
- assist us in administering your tenancy or online account.
Housing Solutions will record the information provided on its computer systems and the data will be stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Information that you provide can be shared with other agencies involved in your health and housing. The information collected is required so that Housing Solutions are able to demonstrate fairness in service delivery and the information is important to being able to conduct a relationship with yourself.
You have the right to access personal data about you processed by Housing Solutions and in order to do this you should put your request in writing.
If you choose not to register and provide personal information, you can still use the majority of the Housing Solutions websites. However, you will not be able to access areas or receive services that require registration or personal information.